It’s nice to get good news given how long this process has been and considering I live in the age of people tapping their fingers as the microwave cooks their baked potato in 10 minutes.
Looks like things will move faster than expected through the bank, or so says my loan officer. We may be within a couple of weeks from finishing all the financial stuff (except, of course, for actually paying the mortgage!). They are also going to include all the built in appliances into the loan. Bonus! One less thing I need to put cash out for in the next few months.
I also found that the hardwood flooring has a discount through today so I got that ordered. And I have approval to order the cabinets from the bank so I can take advantage of another discount good this month.
Looks like things have really turned a corner and are ramping up. It’s about time!
The bank gave an OK to put gravel in the entrance which will make it easier to get vehicles into and out of the building site. I expect we’ll get that done next week.
Still no final loan approval but Harvey seems to be moving as though he has no concerns and is putting more and more of his time into this so I figure if there was going to be a problem it would have come up by now.
We did get a nice present from my sister and brother-in-law. They upgraded their patio and gave us their old patio furniture. I rented a cargo van and took it all down to the Moondance hay barn until we actually have porches where we can put it.
I also measured the garden area while I was there and will begin to plan 2015 gardens soon.
Not an exciting day. Pulled together new versions of some of the financial detail I already sent the bank so it is up to date. The only real positive today was that I validated we already have title insurance from the same company the bank is using so that should reduce the cost a little and I would expect fast track them approving the (increased) insurance amount.
I hope to hear back from the bank tomorrow so we can get an approval to put gravel over the new Wright Road entrance.
Since clearing began Friday and I’ve been a bit under the weather, I figured learning enough about WordPress to really begin documentation of the farm evolution was a good way to spend Sunday.
In some ways it seems like Joomla which gave me a leg up but thankfully it is much more user friendly. One day and I have a reasonable framework to work from as the farm progresses. I looked at it when I went out to get us dinner and found it mobile optimizes on it’s own. Bonus! One less thing I have to do.
Writing a journal isn’t something I’m accustomed to so I’ll do the best I can to record what is planned and done over the next number of years. I hope it gets easier as I go along.
Almost exactly a year after we began our effort to build a place in the country the clearing finally began.