Easy Chocolate Frosting is the BEST frosting for cakes, especially birthday cupcakes!! It’s simple to whip up and so creamy!
- Course Dessert
- Cuisine American
- Keyword Chocolate Frosting, easy
- Prep Time 10 minutes
- Total Time 10 minutes
- Servings 12
- Calories 341 kcal
- Author Lauren Brennan
- 1 cup softened butter
- 1/2 cup (42 g) cocoa powder sifted
- 5 cups (568 g) powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 3-4 tablespoons milk
- Whip butter and cocoa together until smooth in large bowl. Stir in vanilla and powdered sugar. Slowly stream in milk until frosting reaches desired consistency. Scrape sides and whip again until light, fluffy and smooth, 1-2 minutes. Frosts 1-9 or 8 inch round layered cake or 24 cupcakes.
- If your frosting is too thick, slowly add in milk little by little to get the consistency you want.
- If your frosting is too thin, add a little extra powdered sugar little by little to get the consistency you want.
Calories: 341kcal | Carbohydrates: 52g | Fat: 15g | Saturated Fat: 10g | Cholesterol: 41mg | Sodium: 138mg | Potassium: 64mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 49g | Vitamin A: 480IU | Calcium: 13mg | Iron: 0.5mg
From: Lauren’s Latest – https://laurenslatest.com/the-best-and-easiest-chocolate-frosting-birthday-cake/