May 6, 2022
This recipe is so good yet it doesn’t require too much time, effort or ingredients. It’s easy & fool-proof, even for you first-timers!
- Prep Time: 20 min
- Cook Time: 1 hr 45 min
- Other: 15 min (Rest)
- Total Time: 2 hr 20 min
- Servings: 8-10
- Yield: 1 leg of lamb
- 1 (5 to 6 pound) trimmed bone-in leg of lamb
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh rosemary
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh thyme leaves
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon kosher salt
- 2 teaspoons ground black pepper
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line a roasting pan with aluminum foil.
- Pat lamb dry with paper towels. Using a sharp knife, score the top side of the lamb by making shallow cuts all over.
- In a small bowl, combine garlic, olive oil, rosemary, thyme, Dijon, salt and pepper.
- Place lamb, fat side up, on a rack in the prepared roasting pan. Spread garlic mixture evenly over the lamb, rubbing in thoroughly into the scored cuts.
- Place into oven and roast until it reaches an internal temperature of 135 degrees F for medium, about 1 hour 30 minutes to 1 hour 45 minutes, or until desired doneness. Let rest 15 minutes before slicing.
- Serve immediately with mini hasselback potatoes.
- 2022-05-08 – Mother’s Day dinner. Kathy said it was yummy. Was probably a little over-done based on culinary standards (~150 F) so need to check after 90 minutes next time. Otherwise, was great. Thought I cut the cross hatches too deep but while it looked that way to begin with it was probably the right way to do it. Cut through all the fat into the meat to allow the herbs to get in.
- From Damn Delicious – Roasted Leg of Lamb – Chungah Rhee