June 18, 2022
Oven Baked St Louis Style Ribs Recipe – made in the oven, covered in bbq sauce, these ribs are so tender, sticky and delicious!
- Prep Time: 15 min
- Cook Time: 2 hr 30 min
- Total Time: 2 hr 45 min
- Servings: 4
- Yield: 1 slab
- 3-4 pounds St Louis Ribs
- 1 cup (or more if needed) Barbecue sauce of your choice
- For the spice rub:
- 1 tbsp salt
- 2 tsp black pepper
- 2 tbsp paprika
- 1 tbsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp cayenne pepper
- 2 tsp dried oregano
- 1 tbsp brown sugar
- Combine all ingredients for the rub in a small bowl. Rub both sides of the ribs with it. Let ribs absorb the spices for at least 15 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 350F. Place rack in the middle.
- Wrap ribs in aluminum foil. Place ribs on a baking sheet and bake for 2 hours, or a little less, until tender.
- Remove ribs from foil and generously brush with barbecue sauce. Return to the oven (on the foil) and bake for 20-25 more minutes, until sauce has warmed up and turned darker.
- Cut into individual ribs. Serve.
- Use Chef John’ rib rub from his oven-baked baby back rib recipe
- 2022-08-18 – I made these using Chef John’s rib rub rather than the rub listed here because I had leftover. Otherwise made as directed. Cooked for full 2 hrs before opening and adding sauce on both sides. Then cooked 25 minutes with the foil open. I didn’t drain because there really wasn’t that much melted fat in the foil. I thought they were very good although Kathy didn’t care for the cartilage at the end of most of the ribs vs. just bone like on baby back and that’s the cut of meat vs. the recipe. But for about $3.00 / lb this is a very affordable alternative.
- Cooking LSL – Oven-Baked St. Louis Style Ribs – Mira