A step up from the run of the mill cranberry sauce.
- Prep Time: 10 min
- Cook Time: 20 min
- Total Time: 30 min
- Servings: 8
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 tablespoon grated ginger or 3/4 tsp ground
- 3/4 cup (160g) brown sugar
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- 1/4 cup (50g) granulated sugar
- Pinch kosher salt
- 1 pound fresh or frozen cranberries
- Heat the canola oil in a large pot over medium heat. Add the ginger and shallots (if included) and cook, stirring, until soft and fragrant, about 3 minutes. Stir in the brown sugar, honey, orange juice, granulated sugar, and salt. Cook, stirring, until sugar dissolves and mixture is nice and bubbly.
- Add half the cranberries and cook, stirring occasionally, until the cranberries pop and the mixture thickens, about 5 minutes. Add the remaining cranberries and cook another 5 minutes or so.
- 1 large shallot, finely diced – This was in original recipe but I don’t include it.
- Food Network – Bobby Flay – Base Cranberry Sauce (In Cranberry Sauce with Pinot and Figs