November 5, 2022
Easy Candied Bacon is the ultimate party snack. Thick sliced bacon coated in brown sugar before being baked until crispy, sticky, and caramelized. The most addicting appetizer ever.
- Prep Time: 5 min
- Cook Time: 25 min
- Total Time: 30 min
- Servings: 8
- 1 pound thick cut bacon
- 1 tablespoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1 cup (213g) light brown sugar packed
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Place a wire rack on a foil lined baking sheet. Arrange the bacon on the wire rack and sprinkle with the black pepper. Lightly pat the brown sugar on top of the bacon to create a thin layer.
- Transfer the baking sheet to the oven and bake for 25 minutes or until the brown sugar has melted and the bacon is crisp.
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool for 10 minutes. Using tongs, transfer the bacon to a parchment lined baking sheet and allow to cool to room temperature.
- Store in an airtight container for up to 3 days at room temperature.
- 2022-11-05 – I used 1.5 lb Wright thick sliced bacon (1.5x recipe) cut in half. a little less black pepper (maybe 1 tbsp) and ~225g brown sugar. Overall it was pretty good even though this is well less sugar and pepper than the recipe calls for. Next time for single recipe: Reduce the pepper to 1/2 tbsp pepper and 160g brown sugar. Put the fatty halves on one rack and the meaty ends on another. Cook the fatty half ~33 minutes and the meaty end 28 minutes.
- Spend With Pennies – Candied Bacon – By Kellie Hemmerly