August 4, 2023
I’ve been making this for more years than we’ve had the farm. Always a hit and easy to make.
- Prep Time:
- Cook Time:
- Total Time:
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 1 cup onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 (32 ounce) jar meatless sauce
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano leaves
- 1 (16 ounce) package ziti pasta, cooked and drained
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 cup grated parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a large skillet, cook ground beef, onions, and garlic over medium-high heat for 6 to 8 minutes or until beef is browned; stirring frequently.
- Stir in spaghetti sauce, chicken broth, and oregano.
- Reduce heat and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Stir 1 cup of the sauce into the cooked ziti noodles.
- Spoon 1/2 of the ziti mixture into a 13x9x2-inch baking dish.
- Sprinkle with 1 1/2 cups mozzarella cheese and 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese.
- Top with 2 cups sauce, then remaining ziti mixture and remaining sauce.
- Cover and bake 20 minutes.
- Sprinkle with remaining mozzarella and Parmesan cheese.
- Return to oven and bake uncovered for 10 minutes or until heated through
- I do the beef first and sometimes drain before adding the onion and garlic
- From Food.com – Classic Baked Ziti – By Caryn