November 5, 2023
It’s easy to understand why cranberry brie bites have become such popular party appetizers during the holidays. They’re adorably bite-sized and so much easier to devour than brie en croute.
- Prep Time: 30 min
- Cook Time: 15
- Other: 15
- Total Time: 1 hr
- Servings: 12
- 1 sheet frozen puff pastry, from 1 (17 oz.) box
- Nonstick cooking spray
- 4 oz. brie cheese
- 1/2 c. cranberry sauce, homemade or canned
- 3 tbsp. raw shelled pistachios, chopped
- Flaky sea salt and ground black pepper, optional
- Thaw the puff pastry according to package directions.
- Preheat the oven to 400°F. Spray a 24-well mini muffin pan with nonstick cooking spray. Place the brie in the freezer for 20 minutes or until firm to the touch.
- On a well floured surface, roll the sheet of puff pastry into a 10-by-15-inch rectangle. Cut the pastry into 4 strips lengthwise. Then, cut the pastry crosswise into 6 strips, creating 24 squares. Press the pastry squares into each well of the muffin pan, letting the excess stick up over the edges.
- Cut the firm brie into 24 (½-inch) slices. Place a piece in the center of each pastry square. Top each with about 1 teaspoon of cranberry sauce. Sprinkle with chopped pistachios.
- Bake for 15 minutes or until the puff pastry is golden brown on the edges and the cheese is bubbly. Let cool in the pan for 5 minutes. Remove the bites from the pan and garnish with sea salt and pepper, if desired.
- Best Cranberry Brie Bites – The Pioneer Woman