This is my go to cranberry sauce. It’s sophisticated, easy to make and adds a little extra for that special day.
- Prep Time: 10
- Cook Time: 10
- Other: 30
- Total Time: 50
- Servings: 12
- 1 1/2 cups pinot noir
- 12 dried figs, halved if small, quartered if large
- 1 batch Base Cranberry Sauce
- 2 tbsp high quality balsamic vinegar
- Bring the wine to a simmer in a small saucepan. Remove from the heat, add the figs and let soak until soft, about 30 minutes. Drain, and add the chopped figs to the Base Cranberry Sauce and cook another minute or so. Stir in the balsamic vinegar, and, if desired, stir some of the soaking liquid into the finished sauce.
- Food Network – Bobby Flay – Cranberry Sauce with Pinot and Figs