Good for a side salad or a meal in itself. Very tasty with mostly good stuff for you in it. The blue tortilla chips hold up well and add a nice, crunchy addition.
- Prep Time: 15 min
- Cook Time:
- Total Time: 15 min
- Servings: 4
- 2 ripe avocados, peeled, pitted and diced
- 2 ripe beefsteak tomatoes, diced
- 1/2 cup pitted nicoise olives, roughly chopped
- 1 cup canned chickpeas, drained, rinsed and drained again
- 2 tablespoons roughly torn flat-leaf parsley
- 1/4 cup champagne vinegar
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon smoked paprika
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 2 ounces blue corn tortilla chips
- Gently toss the avocados, tomatoes, olives, chickpeas, parsley, vinegar, olive oil, cumin, paprika, salt and pepper in a large bowl. Crumble the chips over the top and serve.
- Enough people here that aren’t olive fans so I serve them on the side.
- 2023-11-08 – Split it between two of us for our dinner. I enjoyed it a lot. Used cocktail tomatoes because it’s hard to find good beefsteak tomatoes at this time of year.
- Food Network – Crunchy Avocado Salad – Bobby Flay