December 24, 2021`
Quick and easy sugar cookies! They are really good, plain or with candies in them. My friend uses chocolate mints on top, and they’re great!
- Prep Time: 20 min
- Cook Time: 20 min (2 batches of 24 cookies @ 10 min each)
- Other Time: 7 min (2 min cooling before move to wire rack. 5 min to let cookie sheets cool
- Total Time: 47 min
- Yield: 48 cookies
- 2 ¾ cups (330g) all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 ½ cups (297g) white sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C). In a small bowl, stir together flour, baking soda, and baking powder. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, cream together the butter and sugar until smooth. Beat in egg and vanilla. Gradually blend in the dry ingredients. Roll rounded teaspoonfuls of dough into balls, and place onto ungreased cookie sheets.
- Bake 8 to 10 minutes in the preheated oven, or until golden. Let stand on cookie sheet two minutes before removing to cool on wire racks.
- 2021-12-25 – First batch. Added red sugar sprinkles to half. Crispy outside and some softness remaining in the middle. Quite good.
- AllRecipes – Easy Sugar Cookies – Stephanie