Filet mignon is extra delicious with a rub of herbs and garlic.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Total Time: 15 minutes
- Servings: 2
- 2 teaspoons bottled minced garlic
- 1 ½ teaspoons minced fresh basil
- 1 ½ teaspoons minced fresh thyme
- 1 ½ teaspoons minced fresh rosemary
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- 4 (4-ounce) beef tenderloin steaks, trimmed (1 inch thick)
- Cooking spray
- Combine first 6 ingredients in a small bowl; rub evenly over steaks.
- Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Coat pan with cooking spray. Add steaks to the pan, and cook for 4 minutes on each side or until desired degree of doneness.
- Used 2 tsp butter instead of cooking spray
- Used cast iron skillet – seared 90 sec on each side and then 9 minutes in oven at 350.
- 2021-06-13 – Took a few extra minutes in the oven. One of the herbs Kathy didn’t like. Will try replacing basil with marjoram as in Herb-Crusted Filet Mignon. That one handles herbs as marinade rather then adding right before cooking.
- MyRecipes – Filet Mignon with Fresh Herb Garlic Rub