Simple dish with tender carrots with a buttery glaze and a mild sweetness.
- Prep Time: 10 min
- Cook Time: 15 min
- Total Time: 25 min
- Servings: 8
- 2 pounds carrots, peeled and cut into sticks
- ¼ cup butter
- ¼ cup packed brown sugar
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ⅛ teaspoon ground white pepper
- Place carrots into a large saucepan, pour in enough water to reach depth of 1 inch, and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low, cover, and simmer carrots until tender, 8 to 10 minutes. Drain and transfer to a bowl.
- Melt butter in the same saucepan; stir brown sugar, salt, and white pepper into butter until brown sugar and salt have dissolved. Transfer carrots into brown sugar sauce; cook and stir until carrots are glazed with sauce, about 5 more minutes.
- 2023-09-10 – Something quick with brats, dogs and corn on the cob. Made about 1/3 recipe. Didn’t round out exactly but they were yummy.
- 2022-05-08 – Mother’s Day dinner. This is a very easy way to make yummy carrots. Made a half order. Cut everything in half and it was great.
- 2022-06-11 – Wanted to mix this with another carrot recipe that uses honey but was under the gun to get it done quickly because we had guests doing other cooking. Sticked with the basic recipe and all was very good.
- AllRecipes – Glazed Carrots – Tricia McTamaney