This is a very easy homemade red sauce, and the only one my 5 year old daughter will eat! Serve with your favorite pasta.
- Prep:15 mins
- Cook:30 mins
- Total:45 mins
- Yield:4 cups
- 2 (14.5 ounce) cans stewed tomatoes
- 1 (6 ounce) can tomato paste
- 4 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 6 tablespoons olive oil
- ⅓ cup finely diced onion
- 2-3 oz white wine, top to 4 oz with water
- Added brown sugar
- Changed 1 garlic clove to 2
- Reduces white wine from 4 oz
- In a food processor place Italian tomatoes, tomato paste, chopped parsley, minced garlic, oregano, brown sugar, salt, and pepper. Blend until smooth.
- In a 3 quart pot over medium heat saute the finely chopped onion in olive oil for 2 minutes. Add the blended tomato sauce and white wine.
- Simmer for 30 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Made 1/2/2021 – First time. Good sauce. Both of us liked it. Makes enough to eat the leftover pasta from 1 lb box. Note: won’t always have stewed tomatoes so found recipe to make these from whole and linked to ingredient list.
From AllRecipes: Best Marinara Sauce Yet – By Jackie M