Simple but classic. Adjust ingredients as desired.
November 24, 2022
- 4 lbs Idaho potatoes
- 1 stick butter (0.25 lb)
- Milk (~1 cup)
- Salt and pepper
- Cooked and crumbled bacon (optional)
- Shredded cheddar cheese (optional)
- Peel potatoes and quarter.
- Boil until soft.
- Cut up butter and put into large bowl.
- Mash with potato masher until butter is incorporated.
- Add some of the milk mash until mixed.
- Repeat until desired consistency.
- Salt and pepper to taste.
- Place in baking dish
- Top with cheese and bacon, if desired.
- Heat in 350 degree oven for 30 minutes or until hot.
I figure it’s has been done about this way since I was a kid.