November 24, 2022
The chocolate chip cookie that started it all! Our original NESTLÉ® TOLL HOUSE® chocolate chip cookie recipe is perfect for all occasions!
- Prep Time: 15 min
- Cook Time: 9 min per batch
- Total Time: Vrs
- Yield: 45 – 60 cookies
- 2 1/4 cups (270g) all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup (2 sticks) butter, softened
- 3/4 cup (149g) granulated sugar
- 3/4 cup (160g) packed brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 large eggs
- 2 cups (12-ounce package) NESTLÉ® TOLL HOUSE® Semi-Sweet Chocolate Morsels
- 1 cup chopped nuts (Optional. If omitting, add 1 to 2 Tbsp (8-15g) of all-purpose flour.)
- Preheat oven to 375° F.
- Combine flour, baking soda and salt in small bowl.
- Beat butter, granulated sugar, brown sugar and vanilla extract in large mixer bowl until creamy.
- Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Gradually beat in flour mixture.
- Stir in morsels and nuts.
- Drop by rounded tablespoon onto ungreased baking sheets.
- Bake for 9 to 11 minutes or until golden brown. Cool on baking sheets for 2 minutes; remove to wire racks to cool completely.
- 2022-11-24 – No nuts so added 15g additional flour. Probably made them too big. Original recipe says 60 cookies and only got 45 but they are very good.
- 2023-02-24 – No nuts again so extra flour. Tried to make them smaller but only got to 48 this time. I think to get 60 they’d be too small. Forgot to set the timer (10 min) for last batch and I think I overdid them by about 1-2 minutes but they’re just a bit crispier than the others.