January 15, 2022
These are a great breakfast treat or a light dessert. The spices give them a warmth that’s perfect during fall and winter.
- Prep Time: 20 min
- Cook Time: 20 – 22 min (25 on first try for me)
- Other: 0
- Total Time: 45 min
- Servings: 12
- Yield: 12 Muffins
- 1 3/4 (210g) cups all purpose flour
- 1 cup (198g) sugar
- 1/2 cup (106g) dark brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 2 eggs
- 1 15 ounce can pure pumpkin puree
- 1/2 cup coconut oil / butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract.
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees and place 12 paper liners into each well of your standard size muffin baking pan.
- Measure out the flour, sugars, baking soda, salt and spices in a medium bowl and whisk together. Set aside.
- In another bowl, whisk together the eggs, pumpkin puree, coconut oil and vanilla extract.
- Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and stir together. Do not over mix, just stir until everything is incorporated into the batter.
- It is helpful to use a large scoop (like an ice cream scoop) to evenly distribute the batter into each well. They will be nearly full. This will help give your muffins a nice puffy dome.
- Bake your muffins for 20-22 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center of a muffin comes out clean.
- The original recipe calls for using coconut oil. I use 1/2 cup butter instead since I had no coconut oil.
- 2022-05-28 – Memorial Day weekend. Used butter again because I left the coconut oil at Rosewood. Also didn’t have ground cloves or nutmeg, again, left at Rosewood. Will consider getting some for here but substituted using 1.5 tsp cinnamon and 1 tsp mixed spice. Turned into another wonderful batch.
- 2022-02-?? – Made these for folks at work. Tried the coconut oil and didn’t notice a big difference. Will have to see which is “better” for me and maybe that will make a difference in my opinion.
- 2022-01-15 – Snowed today, have a fire going and decided to make these. They are wonderful. I did use light brown sugar because I didn’t have any dark.
- Lovely Little Kitchen – Best Ever Pumpkin Muffins – Julie