November 12, 2023
Here’s a quick to make variation on a wedge salad. The fixin’s do need to marinate for at least a few hours but this can be put together early in the day and then you just need to serve it up.
- Prep Time: 10 min
- Cook Time:
- Other: Marinating (4+ hr)
- Total Time: 4 hr 10 min
- Servings: 4
- 1 pint red grape tomatoes
- 1 pint yellow grape tomatoes
- 1/2 red onion, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 3 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 3 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 1 heaping tablespoon jarred pesto
- 1/4 teaspoon sugar
- 1 clove garlic, pressed
- Salt and fresh ground black pepper
- 1 head iceberg lettuce, cut into chunks
- Halve the tomatoes and add them to a large zipper bag with the sliced red onion. Add the olive oil, balsamic, parsley, pesto, sugar, garlic and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Seal the bag, getting all the air out. Place into the fridge until ready for dinner.
- Place the iceberg lettuce in a large bowl and pour on the tomatoes. Toss and serve! (The dressing from the tomatoes becomes the salad dressing.)
- I made twice the dressing. You can always use leftovers.
- Added some bacon bits (Kathy’s suggestion!)
- 2023-11-12 – Made for a lunch and thought it was very good. Will certainly make again.
- Food Network – Quick-Marinated Cherry Tomato Salad – Ree Drummond