Created – July 23, 2022; Updated – July 29, 2023
Great to have for Taco Tuesday and any time you want to do nachos or other Mexican centric food.
- Prep Time: 5 min
- Cook Time: 5 min
- Other: 10 min
- Total Time: 20 min
- Servings: 16 oz jar (or 2, 8oz jars)
- ¾ cup water
- ¾ cup distilled white vinegar
- 3 tablespoons white sugar (I’ve standardized on 1.5 Tbsp)
- 1 tablespoon kosher salt
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- ½ teaspoon oregano
- 10 large jalapeno peppers, sliced into rings
- Combine water, vinegar, sugar, kosher salt, garlic, and oregano in a saucepan over high heat. Bring mixture to a boil, stir in jalapeño peppers, and remove from heat. Let mixture cool for 10 minutes.
- Pack peppers into two 8-ounce jars using tongs and cover with vinegar mixture. Cover and refrigerate until needed.
- Cut sugar in half for spicier peppers. Made the standard in 2023.
- 2023-07-29 – Another 1.5 qt jalapeno and an eight oz jar serrano for those that think the regular rings just aren’t spicy enough. 🙂
- 2023-07-23 – Same as last year but will be the first of what I expect will be several pickling sessions. Again, our peppers, garlic and oregano.
- 2022-07-30 – Made it again with OMF grown peppers and garlic. Have made this many times before and always works well. I do cut sugar in half to allow them to be spicier.
- Allrecipes – Quick Pickled Jalapeno Rings – Chef John