This is the way to turn good healthy spinach into something a bit less good for you. But it sure tastes good!
- Prep Time: 8 minutes
- Cook Time: 12 min
- Total Time: 20 min
- Servings: 4
- 4 strips bacon (I use thick cut)
- 1 small onion (115 g) – chopped
- 1 red bell pepper – diced
- 1 – 1.5 lbs spinach (whatever your stock pot will hold) – whole if baby or coarsely chopped with stems removed if mature.
- Cut bacon crosswise into 1/2 in strips
- Add bacon to stock pot large enough to hold spinach and cook until crisp – 4 to 5 minutes
- Sautee onions and pepper until onions are nearing translucence – 4 minutes
- Add spinach and cover.
- Stir after 1-2 minutes and cover again
- Cook an additional 2 minutes and serve
- I’ve seen something like this in a number of places but this version is mine