This is a very easy recipe for a delicious pot roast. It makes its own gravy. It’s designed especially for the working person who does not have time to cook all day, but it tastes like you did. You’ll want the cut to be between 5 and 6 pounds.
- Prep: 10 mins
- Cook: 8 hrs
- Total: 8 hrs 10 mins
- Servings: 12
- Yield: 12 servings
- 2 (10.75 ounce) cans condensed cream of mushroom soup
- 1 (1 ounce) package dry onion soup mix
- 1 ¼ cups water
- 5 ½ pounds pot roast – see adjustments – we use ~3 pound roast
- In a slow cooker, mix cream of mushroom soup, dry onion soup mix and water. Place pot roast in slow cooker and coat with soup mixture.
- Cook on High setting for 3 to 4 hours, or on Low setting for 8 to 9 hours.
- With only 2 of we shoot for about a 3 pound cut of roast unless having company. This said, I generally use same ingredient list for this smaller roast. Because I strain the cooking liquid and use it for gravy on the potatoes and carrots we have with this it comes out fine.
- We almost always use the low setting
- 2022-01-15 – First time I’ve logged making this one but have used it numerous times in the past. Turns out great and the soup mixes turn into a great gravy. Cooked on low setting. Noting because I tried adding carrots and potatoes with about 1.5 hours remaining and they weren’t even close to done. Had to put them into the oven. Next time I’ll add them with 4 hours remaining.
Source: AllRecipes – Awesome Slow Cooker Pot Roast – Brenda Arnold