January 7, 2022
Spice rub for the pork chop caramelizes to seal in the juice.
- Prep Time: 10 min
- Cook Time: 8 min
- Total Time: 18 min
- Servings: 4
- 1 1/2 tbsp Chili Powder
- 1 tbsp Brown Sugar, unpacked
- 2 tsp Ground Cumin
- 1 tsp Garlic Powder
- 2 tbsp Worcestershire Sauce
- 4 (5 oz) 1/2-inch thick chops
Directions – See Adjustments Below
- Preheat broiler (500 degF) and coat broiler pan with cooking spray.
- In a small bowl, combine chili powder, sugar, cumin and garlic powder. Add Worcestershire sauce and stir until paste forms.
- Rub paste onto both sides of each pork chop, place on prepared pan and broil 4 minutes on each side until inside is no longer pink.
- Marinate pork in Worcestershire sauce and then sprinkle dry rub over the chops before putting in oven. If this works I’ll change directions.
- 2022-01-07 – I struggled with this recipe. After adding the Worcestershire sauce the paste was not in a good condition to actually spread. I also wasn’t happy with they way they broiled but that may be due to the uneven rub. For next time, see adjustments.
- Weight Watchers – Spice Rubbed Pork Chops