July 30, 2022
These are done as half potatoes. They are basically a loaded, twice baked potato skin with bacon and cheese.
- Prep Time: 10 min
- Cook Time: 50 min
- Total Time: 1 hr
- Servings: 8 halves
- 2-3 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 large baking potatoes, washed
- kosher salt
- 1 cup sour cream
- 4 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1/3 cup milk (or half and half)
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 1/2 cups shredded Cheddar cheese (Gruyere or Gouda are excellent as well)
- 4 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 1/4 cup finely chopped green onion or chives
- additional salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 400-degrees F; line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Drizzle lined baking sheet with olive oil and sprinkle with salt.
- Cut potatoes in half length wise. Place potatoes face down on baking sheet and rub all sides with olive oil and salt from sheet. Sprinkle potatoes with additional salt.
- Bake at 400-degrees F for about 30 minutes, until done. Check with fork for doneness. Remove from oven, set aside and allow to cool a bit.
- Reduce the temperature of the oven to 350-degrees F.
- While potatoes are baking, add sour cream, butter, milk, garlic powder, salt, pepper, cheese, crumbled bacon and green onion to a large mixing bowl. Stir to combine.
- Once potatoes are cool enough to handle (or use a dish towel to insulate your hand), carefully scoop out the insides of the potatoes leaving skins intact; add to mixture in mixing bowl. Using a potato masher or fork, combine, mashing together until smooth and fully incorporated. Salt and pepper to taste. Fill empty potato skins with mixture.
- Return filled potatoes to the oven for 20 minutes.
- From: She Wears Many Hats – Twice Baked Potatoes – By Amy